Surround Air XJ-3800 Ionizer Air Purifier
Multi-Tech Intelli-Pro Intelligent Air Purifier
The Most Complete Air Purifier on the Market:
- Unique Sensor Technology for Performance and Air Quality Monitoring of Filters/Components. Let's You Know When to Replace Filters.
- Six Leading Technologies to Cover Virtually Every Pollutant.
Advanced Sensor Technology
Photocatalytic Oxidation Filter which effectively reduces chemicals, bacteria and odors.
Odor, dust and allergen sensors let you know when certain pollutants are detected, such as cigarette smoke, chemicals, dust mites, pollen, pet dander, mold spores and many more. The clean air monitor tells you how clean or polluted the air is. If you select "Automatic" mode, the Intelli-Pro will automatically adjust the settings accordingly, reducing electricity usage if the air is fairly clean.
- Diagnostic sensors indicate when to replace HEPA filters, and when to clean the metal dust collector grid.
- The UV light and negative ion indicators let you know that these functions are working, and indicate when the UV lamp needs to be replaced.
Six Leading Air Cleaning Technologies
- Electrostatically-charged dust collection grid traps particles & pollutants like a magnet. Simply wipe clean when dirty.
- Long-lasting, high-efficiency HEPA filter - most effective way to capture dust and allergens.
- Activated carbon filter traps chemicals, gases and odors.
- Germicidal UV lamp destroys micro-organisms.
- Air-cleaning negative ions are circulated throughout the room. Completely safe (virtually no ozone), and scientifically proven to be effective and to enhance HEPA filter efficiency.
- The washable pre filter does not require replacement, and enhances the durability and performance of the other HEPA filters.
How Intelli-Pro Purifies the Air
- Washable Pre Filter. The air first enters pre filter, capturing the largest particles, which enhances the durability and performance of the other filters.
- Washable Dust Collector Plates. The electrostatically-charged dust collector grid traps particles and pollutants like a magnet. This is similar to Friedrich C-90A, which is Consumer Reports' top-rated air purifier. Unlike the C-90A, the Intelli-Pro has multiple other leading technologies.
- Activated Carbon Filter. The best type of air filter for trapping chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. According to Penn State Dept. of Aerobiological researchers, carbon filters serve to remove odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot.
- High-Efficiency HEPA Filter. The most effective type of HEPA air filter at capturing dust, allergens and other solid particles (including bacteria). HEPA filters are recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Germicidal UV Lamp. The most effective way to destroy micro-organisms, such as germs, viruses, fungi (such as mold) and bacteria. Also destroys micro-organisms including those that are trapped by the HEPA air filter, preventing them from reproducing and recirculating through the room. UV lamps are recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control.
- Safe and Effective Ionizer. Circulates trillions of negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants throughout the room. A Journal of Hygiene study found negative ions to improve efficiency of HEPA filter units, and multiple studies (including those by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture) have found ionizers to be highly effective against dust, bacteria, etc. Finally, the Intelli-Pro's ionizer is proven to be safe, producing virtually no ozone whatsoever.
What the Sensor Technology Does for You
Odor, Dust & Allergen Sensors - Know which airborne pollutants are present.
The Intelli-Pro has sensors to detect odors (such as chemicals and cigarette smoke), dust and allergens (such as pollen, pet dander, ragweed and mold spores). There is an LED indicator light for each of these pollutant types. If odors are detected, the "Odor" indicator light on the control panel will become lit. The same for dust and allergens.
Clean Air Monitor - Know just how clean or polluted the air really is.
The Intelli-Pro senses just how clean or polluted the air really is, and conveys this information through the four LED indicator lights. The dirtier the air, the more indicator lights that are lit. For example, if all four indicator lights are lit, the air is very polluted. If only one is lit, the air is very clean.
Automatic Mode - Saves you money on your electric bill by automatically adjusting settings.
In this mode, the Intelli-Pro will automatically adjust the settings of the air purifier according to how clean or polluted the air is. For example, if the air is detected to be polluted, it will run the fan on a higher setting. On the other hand, if the air is determined to be sufficiently clean, it will run the fan on the lowest setting ("Quiet") in order to use less electricity, saving you money on your electric bill.
Filter Replace/Maintenance Indicators - Take the guesswork out of knowing when to replace HEPA filters.
The Intelli-Pro takes the guesswork out of trying to determine when to replace HEPA filters and when to wipe the metal dust collector plates clean. The HEPA filters sensor lets you know when it is time to replace the HEPA/activated carbon filter. This way, you do not replace it too soon (saving you money), and not too late, when it becomes saturated to the point it begins releasing captured contaminates back into the air.
Ion/UV Light Indicator - Now you can know the ionizer and UV lamp are working properly.
This sensor verifies the ionizer and UV lamp are working properly. Without these sensors, it is very difficult to know if UV lamps and ionizers are fully operational, since there are few visual or audio signs to verify this. When they are both working properly, the blue light under "Ion/UV Indicator" will go back and forth between dim and bright.
The Multiple Air Inlet Design
The Multiple Air Inlet Design enables maximum air flow through the unit. The powerful, yet quiet fan accelerates the purified air throughout the room.
- Economical: The Intelli-Pro is energy efficient, and uses sensor technology to reduce electricity usage. Offers low-cost replacement HEPA filter and UV lamp.
- Quiet: Features "Quiet" setting to maintain peace and tranquility in room. Still fairly quiet even on "High" setting though.
- Voltage: 100-120 VAC, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 80 Watts (Highest Fan Setting)
- Negative Ion Output: Up to 60,000,000/cm3
- UV Wavelength: 254 nm (germicidal wavelength)
- Sound Level (dB): Quiet (20), Low (35), Medium (45), High (52)
- Air Volume: 106cfm (Highest Fan Setting)
- HEPA Filter Removal Rate: 99.97% at 0.3 microns
- Dimensions (in): 24 x 13.5 x 10
- Weight (lbs): 15
- Applicable Area: Up to 650 sq. ft.
- Ozone Output: Less than 1 part per billion at 2" away from unit (UL standard is <50ppb)